Saturday, August 23, 2008

NY Times: My Long War

This New York Times Magazine article about the Iraq War by Dexter Filkins is extremely well written. When it showed up in my reader today I read it from beginning to end. It gave me a taste of what daily life is like for not only a journalist, but for the Iraqi people and our soldiers. I thought I would share it because it gave me a renewed appreciation for the fact that our country is in a war.

Regardless of how I or anyone feels about the motivation behind the war, there are men and women my age and your age who are fighting in our stead. I need reminders like this since I find it much too easy for me to go about my everyday life without remembering our troops.

Please be warned, some of the article is graphic in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment